If you or a loved one has suffered a spinal cord injury, prompt treatment, surgery (as required) and intensive rehabilitation can lead to better chances of recovery.
During this difficult time, it may be hard to stay positive, and that’s where turning to spinal cord injury support groups in your community (such as Spinal Cord Injury BC) can really help.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO) between 250,000 and 500,000 people around the world suffer a spinal cord injury (SCI) every year, so you are most definitely not alone.
While there is no cure for spinal cord injury at this time, science and technology offers many promising advancements and hope for a brighter future for spinal cord injury survivors. Scientists and researchers are exploring the possibilities of:
- Regrowing injured or severed nerves
- Cell replacement to restore damaged nerves or cells
- Making connections between the affected area and the brain to restore movement and sensation
- Managing the destructive chain reaction (spinal cord injuries immediately set off a sequence of secondary injuries including: inflammation, reduced blood flow and cell death)
- Neurorehabilitation (physical therapy which improves mobility)
- improved technologies to allow SCI suffer’s access to the vocational and recreational activities they took on before the injury
How a BC Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Can Help After an Accident
Spinal cord injuries are traumatic both physically and emotionally for injury survivors and their families.
If you or your loved one has suffered a spinal cord injury as a result of a car accident, a fall, or as a result of medical malpractice, book a free consultation with a BC spinal cord injury lawyer to see how we can ease your suffering during this difficult time. We can handle your ICBC claim or medical malpractice claim, and deal with insurance companies on your behalf.
With 35 years of proven results in handling complex spinal cord injury claims, we have helped survivors receive the fair compensation they deserve, while connecting them with top medical professionals so they can return to as normal a life as possible.
What makes us different to other personal injury lawyers is the comprehensive rehabilitation plan we put in place for survivors. We look at long term needs, and assist the survivor’s recovery process by also educating family members about life with a spinal cord injury. We think about the impact of the injury 5, 15 and 50 years after the accident and long after the case is resolved. Our client’s remember us and thank us for that.